School’s officially out and summer has begun. Every year I live for summer. This summer is no different. The masks are going away and people are getting out again. California summers are a part of who I am. I have so many great memories of spending time at the beach, then bbqing with friends. Here’s what I love about CA summers:
- Riding bikes on the boardwalk at Newport/Balboa beach. The weather is perfect, everyone is happy and the fresh air is amazing.
- Sitting outside on the patio on a warm summer night.
- Being able to go to Disneyland anytime you want and going on The Pirates of the Caribbean or Splash Mountain to cool down.
- Grilled artichoke with butter as a snack.
- Salted watermelon as a sweet treat.
- Hanging out by the pool all day without a care in the world.
- Staying up late watching tv and working on needlepoint.
- Wearing shorts every day and being able to go anywhere without putting on bug spray or worrying about ticks.
- Spending time on Big Bear Lake.
- Playing cards at night with family and friends.
- Reading on the porch in the early morning or late evening.
- Wearing no shoes most of the time.
What do you love about summer where you are?
Leave a Reply